Lucky Draw Audit
Any public lottery promoted by an organisation, which is a full member or an associate member of the National Council of Social Service, a charity, or an institution of a public character, shall be exempted from the provisions of the Common Gaming Houses Act (Cap 49) if the conditions set out in paragraphs 4 and 5 of the Common Gaming Houses (Exemption) Notification 1997 (in Annex A) are complied with.
A non-commercial organisation which provides a remote gambling service for individuals to participate in a non-commercial organisation lottery by the use of remote communication is exempt from sections 10, 11, 12 and 13 of the Remote Gambling Act if the conditions set out in paragraphs 5, 6, 7 of the Remote Gambling (Exempt Persons) Order 2015 (in Annex A) are complied with.
Notification and publicity material (if any) are to be submitted at least 4 weeks before the launch of the promotion to:
Specialised Crime Policy Branch (SCPB)
Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Block C Police Cantonment Complex
391 New Bridge Road Singapore 088762
Attn: Lucky Draw Administrator
FAX: 6220 7142
We will witness the draw proceeding; verify the lucky draw winners and terms and conditions to ensure compliance.
We will prepare an audited statement of account to CID as part of legal requirements which includes:
- State the SCPB Reference No.
- State the full name and contact information (e.g. mobile number, email address, and/or address) of all winners in the various categories and the type of prizes won.
- Where the total value of the prizes exceeds $10,000/-, a copy of the newspaper cutting or screenshot of the online website showing the details of the draw and the results is to be enclosed. This is required under para 5(1)(e) of the Common Gaming Houses (Exemption) Notification 1997 or para 6(1)(e) of Remote Gambling Act (Exempt Persons) Order 2015.
- State whether all the winners have claimed the prizes.
- Attach the original acknowledgement receipts of prizes by the winners.
- For prizes, which are not won or remain unclaimed 2 months after the determination of the winners, or their equivalent value, and are donated to an approved charitable organisation, a copy of the acknowledgement receipt from the organisation concerned shall be enclosed.
- Where the prizes are distributed directly to the participants at the point-of-purchase, the total quantity of redeemed and unredeemed prizes, types and value are to be submitted to the above authority, within 3 months of the termination of the lottery. For unredeemed prizes that are donated, a copy of the acknowledgement receipt from the organisation concerned shall be enclosed.
The audited statement of account, containing the above information, shall be submitted within 3 months of the last draw to:
Specialised Crime Policy Branch
Criminal Investigation Department
Attn: Lucky draw Administrator
Police Cantonment Complex
391 New Bridge Road
Source: Singapore Police Force
This page was last updated on 17th January, 2020.